Job Title: Audit Manager
Reports to: Partners
Job Summary: The Audit Manager is responsible for all phases of project and engagement management for multiple clients in a wide variety of industries.
Hours Required: 40 hrs + OT
FLSA Status: Exempt
MaloneBailey, LLP is actively seeking qualified candidates for a challenging and rewarding career opportunity in our SEC Audit Practice. MaloneBailey, LLP is based in Houston, Texas and has offices in Beijing and Shenzhen. Since the firm’s founding over three decades ago, our commitment to deliver small public company audit services has enabled our practice to become one of the largest in the world, and it’s still growing.
Your mission is to capitalize on the many opportunities we offer to cultivate your career and grow your individual talents. We are a diversified team with an expanding international footprint who enjoys serving clients in multiple industry lines, collaborative team work and open door access to leadership. Our staff are exposed to a structured approach to training and professional development, an extensive orientation process, the ability to participate on various committees and take part in established mentoring and buddy programs.
NextGen Council: You won’t find this at other firms. The purpose of the NextGen Council is to explore and understand how our future leaders views the Firm and its future. Members of this Council meet regularly with the firm leaders and the Council is exclusively made up of those in their first and second year of employment at MaloneBailey. Because we understand and anticipate that the firm will eventually belong to the next generation, MaloneBailey’s leadership wants to know what matters most to tomorrow’s leaders.
Major Responsibilities & Duties:
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
- Manage, direct, and monitor client service teams on multiple engagements
- Plan, execute and complete external audits in a wide variety of industries.
- Understand and manage firm risk on audits.
- Develop a project vision and set challenging personal and team goals.
- Maintain communication with clients to manage expectations and ensure that deadlines are met.
- Manage client accounts, including billing, fee analysis and collection.
- Review all work before submission to Audit Partner for further review.
- Work with other Managers to help ensure the proper deployment of the audit staff.
- Manage, develop, train and mentor staff on projects and assess performance.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
Requirements & Qualifications:
The successful candidate will possess the following basic qualifications:
- Excellent project management, analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership, training, and mentoring skills.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic team environment
- Professionalism, dependability, integrity and trustworthiness combined with a cooperative attitude.
- Highly motivated self starter with ability to multitask and complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines.
- Dedicated to superior client service.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- 5 years of recent work experience in the field of accounting, preferably as an auditor at a public accounting firm.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software programs, including spreadsheet programs (i.e. Excel).
- SEC audit experience.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience with strong communication and excellent client and project management skills.
- Knowledge of FASB regulations, GAAP and GAAS.
- Advanced working knowledge of technical literature.
Education and Licenses:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- Advanced degree is highly desirable.
- CPA certification (active) required.