Job Title: Audit Intern
Reports to: Partners and Managers
Job Summary: The Audit Intern is expected to acquire and develop competence, skills, and judgment in accounting principles and auditing procedures.
Salary Range and Benefits: Commensurate with experience
Hours Required: 40 hrs + OT
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Temporary
Duration: January - May
Documents Required for Official Application: Resume and Unofficial Transcript (please include both in your email to email@example.com); Applications Without These Two Documents Will Not Be Considered
MaloneBailey, LLP is actively seeking qualified candidates for a challenging and rewarding career opportunity in our SEC Audit Practice. MaloneBailey, LLP is based in Houston, Texas and has offices in Beijing and Shenzhen. Since the firm’s founding over three decades ago, our commitment to deliver small public company audit services has enabled our practice to become one of the largest in the world, and it’s still growing.
Your mission is to capitalize on the many opportunities we offer to cultivate your career and grow your individual talents. We are a diversified team with an expanding international footprint who enjoys serving clients in multiple industry lines, collaborative team work and open door access to leadership. Our staff are exposed to a structured approach to training and professional development, an extensive orientation process, the ability to participate on various committees and take part in established mentoring and buddy programs.
NextGen Council: You won’t find this at other firms. The purpose of the NextGen Council is to explore and understand how our future leaders views the Firm and its future. Members of this Council meet regularly with the firm leaders and the Council is exclusively made up of those in their first and second year of employment at MaloneBailey. Because we understand and anticipate that the firm will eventually belong to the next generation, MaloneBailey’s leadership wants to know what matters most to tomorrow’s leaders.
Our internship position is a full-time, hands-on experience that takes places from January through May.
Major Responsibilities & Duties:
- Become familiar with pronouncements of the Financial Accounting Standards Boards and AICPA
- Become proficient at auditing financial statements for clients
- Obtain exposure on the types of financial statement engagements offered by the Firm
- Complete various segments of audits under supervision
- Be familiar with current accounting principles and auditing techniques
- Execute day to day activities of audit engagements for multiple clients
- Communicate auditing matters and problems to Staff, Senior Associates, Managers and Partners
- Become oriented with Firm’s practices, policies and culture
- Perform other duties as necessary
Requirements & Qualifications:
The successful candidate will possess the following basic qualifications:
- Excellent project management, analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Strong leadership, training, and mentoring skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic team environment
- Professionalism, dependability, integrity and trustworthiness combined with a cooperative attitude.
- Highly motivated self starter with ability to multitask and complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines.
- Dedicated to superior client service
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- 0 - 3 years of recent work experience in the field of accounting
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic business, technology or audit principles/standards
- Completion of Intermediate Accounting course work
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software programs, including spreadsheet programs (i.e. Excel)
Education and Licenses:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Advanced degree is preferred